Friday, February 11, 2005

around here


Well that has nothing to do with Arkansas, but it's the hat I knitted up for my co-worker's 2-year old son. It was super fun and fast to knit up; I'm really happy with how it turned out, considered I didn't have much of a pattern to work with...

But back to Arkansas. I saw the best license plate ever yesterday:

JBSLADY

Jeebus Lady! I was laughing so hard I almost had to pull over.

It really is quite beautiful here. I got to see some actual topography yesterday while driving though the Ozarks on my way to Fort Smith (alhtough they appear to me to be more like hills than mountains). I had a beautiful sunny day and there was no one on the road and the speed limit was 70. Doesn't get much better than that.

Picture of how pretty can be (this is a building on the UCA campus):


But then you're driving around and you see a house with all this random stuff out in front, and it reminds you where you are (actually I think there were houses like this in Santa Cruz):




Hmmmmm...

I was talkng to my site contact out here a couple days ago and it came up that I am originally from Southern California. No joke - the first words out of his mouth were "they got a lot of Mexicans down there, don't they?" Ummm okay. I was looking through the city directories from the late 1940s and they actually had a separate "colored section."

Things sure are different 'round here. I'm really glad I'm coming home today.

Save me Jeebus!

No comments: