Thursday, July 07, 2005

what the heck is nougat anyway?

And why is it so darn good? I’ve googled nougat and apparently it ranges from a type of marshmallow cream to something very similar to meringue. It appears that no two nougats are alike. Even in candy bars made by the same company – the nougat in Three Musketeers is definitely not the same nougat in Snickers. We got a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Gobfather ice cream and it contains a fabulous nougat swirl. Two cheers for the nougat!

We’ve taken a bunch of pictures with our new digital camera but I’ve failed to bring the USB connector so no new pictures today. You’ll have to settle for a picture of the adorable Mina, modeling the Anouk jumper I knitted up a couple months ago. Isn’t she a cutie?

And further on the knitting front, I’ve finished the cami but I need to re-work the front, as my top measurements can be a bit more, well, generous than some, which results in little pockets by my arms. Short rows, here I come! Hopefully I can work up enough motivation to rip it back and redo it before it starts to get cold again…

1 comment:

countjrg said...

What a beautiful baby!