Tuesday, February 12, 2008

conflicted


Lefty and Lily got to run around barefoot in the grass on Saturday. We found a great restaurant and had a fantastic early Valentine's Day. We're meeting nice people. It was 70 degrees yesterday. I'm working from an local coffee shop that has great coffee and baristas that know how to make a real cappuccino. There's enough local food here to feed entire countries. We get to plan our own kitchen and I finally get a gas cooktop.

I miss our dog. I miss our friends. I can't walk down the street and find two of my best friends overjoyed to play with my daughter. My office is sterile and so big I can't really find people to connect with. There's no one to have lunch with on my days off. It seems like we're never going to get into the house, but then when we do it seems like it's going to be so overwhelming I don't even know where to start.

Lily is as cute as can be. She's having fun at daycare and she's learning new words every day. My mom's brain is cancer free. Luna is ridiculously happy with her foster family. I can wear sunglasses again. We'll get settled soon.

Lily gets overstimulated at daycare and turns into a grump in the few evening hours we get to spend with her. Our real estate agent just called and said that the loan docs aren't in. I'm more stressed than I've been in a really long time. We're not settled yet.

No comments: