Thursday, December 04, 2008

excuse me, is that a violin on your head?

.
Didn't mean for that last post to be such a downer. I was going to post about how thankful I was that B could cook good and that I don't live in Texas and that citrus is a wintertime fruit and fall is awesome and whatnot. And I've got an amazing little girl and another one on the way. And we're all happy and healthy and financially stable (mostly).

So to change the subject, I've got a question for you. In the middle of the night, when you wake up to go to the bathroom (as I have to do at least once per night these days), do you turn on the bathroom light? It's easier to stay halfway alseep if you don't, right? What if, over the past couple months, you've previously found two GIANT brown recluse-ish spiders hanging out in the corners of said bathroom in the morning? (I know everyone says the brown recluse isn't in CA. But still. This was brown, and big, and not hairy, and there was no way I was getting close enough to it to see if it had a damn violin on its head. My trusty can of Raid and a shoe was all the interaction I needed.) Needless to say, I've been turning on the light. There's a part of me though that wonders if it's better not to know. Because now I have to put on my glasses and turn on the light, and by the time I'm back in bed I'm fully awake. And if I were to see a spider in the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'd freak out, turn on all the lights, wake up B, probably wake up the Little One, and not be able to go back to sleep at all. Is it better not to know?

2 comments:

susan said...

UGH. At least the light might frighten them into staying in their corner?

scotty said...

for those of us who stand up... better to turn on the light... irrespective of spiders it's way worse to wake up to the sound of an errant stream hitting the wall.

(i do squint though to try and minimize light)