We're finding that there are a whole slew of things that, due to some sort of gift of evolution, we had forgotten about having a newborn. (If we remembered these things, we'd certainly not be as successful in maintaining the human race, as most people wouldn't have more than one child.)
- Lack of sleep? Totally sucks. Going into it, you know that newborns don't sleep good but you don't actually remember how much it sucks until you go through it again.
- Babies poop. A LOT. I had totally forgotten how much time I spend at the changing table and washing/drying/folding diapers.
- Breastmilk leakage. (Don't think I need to explain that one.)
- On the same note, breastmilk smells bad when it comes back up. And babies puke almost as much as they poop.
- Family members who want to help but haven't had a baby around for 30 years aren't much help, unfortunately.
- Labor and delivery? Hurts.