Thursday, June 02, 2005

periwinkle blue

I heard on the radio this morning that someone (and I really wish I could remember who, but it was too early and I wasn’t paying enough attention) said that if libraries didn’t start being more open to government searches/requests for information, then “libraries would become a safehaven for terrorists.”

What?!?! A safehaven? I have this picture of Osama and his cronies hanging out in the Kirkland Library nestled in the back under a pile of books about bombs, chuckling about their new hiding spot.

On an unrelated note, I went to my knitting group last night and got a lot done on my hat. Look at how beautiful it is! This yarn and the pattern are both just wonderful. Its taking forever but my mom is worth it!



The picture doesn’t really do it justice. And the color is a bit off – it’s more of a periwinkle blue.

I saw a couple biker gangs on my way home from knitting last night. Apparently there's a biker bar up off 85th in Kirkland somewhere. The biggest group of bikers were called the Bandidos. If I were in a biker gang I'd definitely be in that one. And I'd have a periwinkle blue helmet.

2 comments: