Wednesday, July 27, 2005

baseball for rich people

Last night we scored some amazing seats to the Mariners game - down in the "diamond" section. Sixth row, right behind home plate. It was pretty sweet. Free everything. Parking, food, beer, even cocktails. They had a big buffet spread with real food. Unfortunately, we didn't realize we were sitting down there until after we had spent 20 bucks on hot dogs and beer at the concession stands, but I think we made up for it. We walked out of there with our hands full of cracker jacks, peanuts, and bottles of soda. We ate so much that I even think Bodie ended up agreeing with me that trying the fried cheescake was not a necessity.

It was a little awkard at first as we were sitting right next to the CEO of my company and his somewhat creepy friend, but we got over that real fast as the free beer started coming.

And on top of all the freeness, there weren't the obnoxious drunk guys sitting behind you; no crazy whining kids; no punk teenagers - just a group of well fed slightly intoxicated people enjoying being so close to the game. It rocked! I feel so spoiled now though - I'm going to another game tomorrow night but way up in the top section. I'm afraid I might be disappointed. I think the crazy amount of knitting going on at the game might make up for it though. I can't wait! :)

And oh yes, finally making progress on HP6. Good times. I'm about 200 pages in and loving it. Yay!

No comments: