Tuesday, July 19, 2005

ugg is a four-letter word

Yesterday while on a shoe sale run at Nordstrom, I found a hideousness never before seen. Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera with me, and when I went to the Nordstrom site this morning to try and track these beauties down, I couldn't find them there. A google search came up with something close, but not quite as bad.


Yes, these are knit ugg boots. The ones at Nordstrom were made with this hideous chunky variegated yarn. Who buys this crap?!?! The ones I found online are selling for $125!

Right now I've put the cami on hold (again) to quickly knit up a little surprise project for a friend. There is a slight chance that said friend reads this blog, so I can't really post pictures until it is given away. I will be totally showing it off on Wednesday though. I'm really happy with how it's turning out. And here's a pic of the honeymoon cami (pre-short-row alteration):


We have these lillies in the front walk that are growing out of control. We've had them for about 4 years now and this year two are at least 4 feet tall, with a couple dozen buds each. They all used to be stargazers, but last year a few of the stalks produced white flowers. This year some of the shorter stalks are blooming already, in a beautiful yellow:

2 comments:

Lefty said...

Pssssst! Don't tell anybody, but I planted some new lilies this year. They are yellow. Unfortunately they didn't change that drastically.

Angela said...

Those boots look like the same stuff you knit those wash clothes with! Watch, there will be someone knitting a pair at SnB with in the next two months :P