Monday, January 30, 2006

M: old friends

In order to be sure that we will be able to obtain the highly sought after professional stamp, B and I have been more boring than usual. The past few weekends (and continuing for the next month) we have been reaquainting ourselves with some old friends: Darcy, Dupuit, Theiss, and Bowen, to name a few. This is how my Monday mornings at the office go:

Me: So... How was your weekend?

Them: It was great! We went skiing and biking and hiking and shopping and knitting! How was your weekend?

Me: I studied.

And really, that's how it's going to be until we take this damn test in March. My brain hurts. I'm hoping to pass not just because I'll be able to add a couple letters to the end of my name when I sign reports, and not just because I'll get my very own stamp, but because I don't ever want to have to study like this again.

We did however, have a chance to watch a couple movies.
One being a cartoon about a cynical high school girl about to head out to college, and one being a sadomasochistic drama about a submissive young secretary just out of a mental institution and her relationship with her lawyer boss. We enjoyed the former more than the latter, although it really showed that Maggie Gyllenhaal is quite the actress.

2 comments:

susan said...

ooh, good luck with the studying. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end?

mandy said...

Yes, it will be worth it in the end. The extra letters, the professional respect, and the raise... And really, I just want the stamp.