Wednesday, August 09, 2006

B: WTF

Just spotted this little article on Yahoo news.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Political appointees, CIA officers and former
military personnel would not face prosecution for humiliating or degrading
wartime prisoners under amendments to a war crimes law drafted by the
Bush administration, the Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

If Bush and his cabinet told these people to torture their prisoners, I can't say that these people should be held fully accountable, but I do believer that these would be torturers did have some moral responsibility to say, "No I don't believe that is the right thing to do. I will not torture people." That said, a far better suggestion to me would be for Bush to step in and say "If war crimes were committed on my orders, I will be held resposible", but obviously that will never happen. Instead Bush is going to redefine torture so that they can get away with it.

No comments: