Thursday, August 09, 2007

B: Chief Executive ????

I came to the conclusion today that the CEO of my employer is the most useless position in the company. We have had 6 CEOs in 7 years. If the turn over was that high amongst the administrative staff, we would take steps to increase employee retention. Given that this revolving door of executives does not appear to have had significant negative affects on the performance of the company, I am left to conclude that the CEO position is relatively useless.

Based on this revelation in corportate governance, I now have a new goal. I would like to be the highest paid, and least valuable person on the payroll of a medium sized corporation. I think that I am already highly qualified, and expect that the financial benefits will far outweigh the potential negative impacts of the likely short term of employment.

No comments: