Tuesday, March 04, 2008

B: Urrrrrrrgh.......

When you buy a fixer upper, you expect to do some well......fixing, but some things are just beyond what I expected. As of yesterday we have a puddle of overflow from the sanitary sewer line in the back yard. The system drains really slowly, so it only overflows during heavy usage (ie showers), but it is still nasty having a sewage lagoon in your backyard. It's not enough that it has taken us 2 weeks to get the furnace people in tomorrow (YAY!) so that we can have some heat, but now we can't even shower for fear of overflowing shit in the backyard.

I tried to snake it out myself, but the blockage feels really firm. I am hoping that it is roots, and not a collapsed line. That would be a whole lot more sewer repair work than I had hoped for. This shit (pun slightly intended) is depressing. We are sick of living out of boxes, but between Lily and the sewer, and wiring repairs, and the fact that all of the hardware for our furniture is still in Seattle we haven't been able to get really unpacked at all.

I already hate the people that lived in the house before us. The shoddy repair work is enough to drive me insane.

No comments: