Thursday, July 10, 2008

new animal friend

.
No, we didn't get another dog. Although I do think a little lab puppy would be good for Luna. But that's for another day.

As I went out to get the mail yesterday, I ran into this cute little girl chillin in a corner of the garage:

I was only about 98% sure what she was upon the inital visual inspection, as I didn't feel the need to get close enough to inspect the belly markings. But the zoom on the camera confirmed the pretty little red hourglass I had suspected. I'd seen her scurrying away a few times before, but yesterday she was apparently comfortable enough to hang out in the open.

Not too smart on her part though, as the half can of Raid I emptied on her and her web probably made it so we won't be friends for long.

4 comments:

greyguitar said...

that was certainly an exciting thing to see in my google reader as i sipped my coffee on my day off. haha.

that is the biggest widow i think i've ever seen. and bizarre that she was out in the open too.

susan said...

Oh, geeez. I'm just as glad we didn't get a chance to meet while we were there...

Anonymous said...

I hoped you looked at the MSDS and signed the HASP before opening fire on that black widow.

Anonymous said...

Well done A!