Monday, March 28, 2005

the mighty thunderchicken

Inspired by bodie’s post about a month back, I've decided to show off my first car, a white 1989 Ford Thunderbird. Isn't she a beauty? Much thanks to my grandparents.



Man, that thing was a boat to drive around. Lucky for me, a few years later my dad gave me his car that he was about to trade in: a 1992 teal Ford Thunderbird! I liked the white one better - teal's not my color. I can'’t complain though. Those cars drove me from Santa Cruz to the OC a few times a year for quite a while. All 400 miles on one tank of gas. Sometimes I would stop in San Luis Obispo for some fries, but otherwise there was no stopping me.

Well except for that time we got a flat tire way out in BFE (somewhere near Bakersfield) on Highway 5 at about 10:00 PM with still about 150 miles left to drive. There were four of us in the car, with all our stuff for a few days vacation, so we had to unload all our crap from the trunk onto the side of the freeway in order to get the spare out. We didn't want to have to drive the spare all the way home, so we stopped at the truck stop to try to get it repaired. It took some sweet talkin' and some eye battin', but Cam and I (we left the boys in the restaurant) eventually convinced the guy at the truck repair place to fix up our tire. He couldn't really fix it very good though, so we still had to drive the rest of the way at 50 mph. Ah, the good old days.

Bodie is out spending a week in the field in the beautiful city of Spokane, so he most likely won't be blogging much in the next few days. The pressure is on for me to come up with no less than five posts in one week. Can I do it? Obviously I'm already having trouble… I'm sure something will come up though. If not, there’s always puppies…

No comments: