Friday, April 01, 2005

do the chickens have large talons?

Bodie's coming home today – yay! A selfish little part of me enjoys having the huge bed all to myself for a few days, but I miss him so. I'm really glad he's on his way back.

The weather forecast called for 100% chance of rain today. That's quite a statement. If I was a weatherlady, I wouldn't ever say 100%. The highest I would go would be 95%. Maybe if I was really sure I'd venture up to 98. But 100? I'm looking outside now to blue sky. I can't find a cloud, let alone one that will surely rain on me. I bet the 100% crowd is feeling pretty dumb right about now.

Who knows. Maybe a storm will blow in this afternoon and we'll all get dumped on. And then I'll be the one feeling silly. Whatever the case, predicting the weather like that takes balls.

I'm really glad it's Friday. This week gave me a headache. The people at my office have for some reason decided that I'm a good listener and dump all their problems on me. Unfortunately, I really don't like most of the people that I work with and couldn't really care less about their problems. I know that sounds kinda rude, but I'm always designated the listener and I'm pretty sick of it. There's one lady that keeps coming into my office telling me that this job is ruining her life and that her husband's an asshole and if she keeps working late she's going to end up divorced. Honestly, if she worked as much as she bitched, she wouldn't have to stay late. I don't come into her office and tell her about my self-esteem issues or how my dog crapped all over the house. But I can't say that. Instead, I pretend to listen, and nod, and wait until she's done and then try to make her laugh. Eventually she goes away. Maybe I need to be more of a bitch.

Since I came up with a post every day this week, I didn't need to resort to puppies. But I thought we needed puppies anyway.



Puppies!

1 comment:

Leslie Welch said...

I am a problem dumpster too. I would never confide in people the way they confide in me. It's a little weird. I'm glad I'm not the only one.