Friday, July 25, 2008

just call me martha

.
I've been bit. And not by our new friend from last week (I think she may have moved). No, I've been bit by this: It's the Husqvarna Viking 730 (sounds powerful, eh?), more sewing machine than I'll ever need. It was mom's, and since dad never used it, and my sister can't even sew on a button, it was handed down to me. The last time I used a sewing machine I think I was 7 and my grandma helped me make a little stuffed toy. I'd been wanting to figure out the whole sewing thing but never really got around to it. Until now. I couldn't really let this beautiful piece of machinery go to waste, could I? So a couple weeks ago I started. And a couple days later (with a little help from Vogue Sewing and plenty of cursing), out came this:



Cute, no? Hard to belive I actually pulled it off, especially considering that up until a few weeks ago I didn't even know what a flounce was... But now, check out my flounce!
I just love the cute red stitching, if I do say so myself. It's a little big yet for the little one, but we put it on her for a birthday party and it was a hit. Couldn't really get a picture of her in it though, as most of the pictures of her these days tend to look like this:

Ah well. Such is the life of a 22-month old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's adorable! Good job you!!

Jen

susan said...

That looks like tricky sewing! Love the flounce, and the accent ribbon!!